Electrical Installation Condition Report
ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CONDITION REPORT IN KENT
Do I need an EICR? How old is my Electrical Installations?
We recommend that you have an EICR every ten years for your home.
If you’re unsure about any clear signs of electrical damage or worn out cables and sockets, contact us for a home visit and we can guide you on your next steps to ensure your electrical installations are up to date.
Below are a few obvious signs will tell you if you have old, worn-out electrical equipment that needs replacing:
- Cables which are coated in black rubber.
- Cables that are coated in lead or fabric.
- A fuse box with a wooden back, cast iron switches, or a mixture of fuse boxes.
- Old-fashioned round pin sockets (or light switches).
- Braided flex hanging from ceiling fixtures.
- Brown (or black) switches.
- Sockets mounted into skirting boards.
There are several signs from above which indicate the electrical equipment was installed before or during the 1960s. This means you need to take action now before it’s too late. Having an up-to-date EICR will give you peace of mind and reduce any potential fires which could occur.
Whatever the age of your electrical installation is, it is likely to suffer some damage or wear and tear over the years.
This means you should get an electrician to check its condition at least every 10 years or if you move into a new property to give you peace of mind and protection.
What is the aim of an Electrical Installation Condition Report?
The most common reasons for an EICR are:
- To find any damage or wear and tear that could affect safety.
- To find any components of the electrical installation that do not meet the current IET Wiring Regulations.
- To help you identify any electrical appliance or object that could cause electric shocks.
- To keep an important record of the installation’s condition at the time of the inspection. They can use this on any future inspection to compare the history.
Aside from these, we also carry out electrical inspection, testing, and certification of your electrical installation, including emergency lighting, fire alarm certification, and other emergency electrical services.
Your Trusted Electricians In Kent
Get in touch to find out how we can help your business & Domestic Electrical Requirements.